Hello, I’m Kuro!
I’m a self-taught artist from Portugal and I specialize in visual novel-type illustration, with clean lines and smooth shading. I mainly draw summery things and pretty anime girls, and I do regular livestreams of my drawing. I love storytelling, video games, and learning about interesting things. :>
- I’ve been drawing since 2006, and digitally since 2011. I use a Wacom Intuos Pro M tablet and Clip Studio Pro as the software.
- I make visual novels in my spare time, where I draw, write, and program. So far only Cuttlebone is out (get it on itch.io!), but I have other stories in the works that should hopefully see the light of day soon.
- I’ve made many timelapses of my pieces, which you can find on my youtube art page.
- I have a degree in computer science.
- I’ve made some handy user scripts.
- I was a prolific Dustforce map maker and some of my maps come pre-installed with the game.
- I’m an avid Skullgirls fighting game player and you can see me streaming my tournaments most weekends.
p.s.: In case you’re wondering about my username, it’s actually pronounced Kuro-One-Half. Kuro was inspired by the protagonist of the same name in the animated movie Tekkonkinkreet, and One Half came about as a subversion of the common string+integer username convention, by having a fraction instead. Initially it was actually 1/2, but most websites don’t allow special characters on usernames, so it became spelled out. :p