Hello, I’m Kuro!
I’m a self-taught artist from Portugal and I specialize in visual novel-type illustration. I mainly draw summery things and pretty anime girls, and I’m usually out there streaming my work. I love storytelling, games, and learning about interesting things. :>
- I’ve been drawing since 2006, and digitally since 2011.
- I use a Wacom Intuos Pro M tablet and Clip Studio Pro as the software.
- I make visual novels in my spare time. My first work, Cuttlebone, is out (get it on itch.io!), and I have other stories in the works that will hopefully see the light of day soon.
- I was a featured artist in one of Projekt Melody’s schedule announcements.
- I’ve made many timelapses of my pieces, which you can find on my youtube art page.
- I have a degree in computer science from the University of Porto.
- I’ve made some handy user scripts.
- I was a prolific Dustforce map maker and some of my maps come pre-installed with the game.
- I’m an avid Skullgirls player and placed top13 at EVO online 2021.
- I made this website!
If you’d like to reach out to me for whatever reason, please feel free to use the contact form, hit me up on twitter, or hop into my discord server where I hang out all the time.
p.s.: In case you’re wondering about my username, it’s actually pronounced Kuro-One-Half. Kuro was inspired by the protagonist of the same name in the animated movie Tekkonkinkreet, and One Half came about as a subversion of the common string+integer username convention, by having a fraction instead. Initially it was actually 1/2, but most websites don’t allow special characters on usernames, so it became spelled out. :p